Wednesday, June 25, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL...I'M A STAY HOME MOM!!

So Friday the 20th was more than just the last day of school and Thad's half birthday...it was also MY LAST DAY WORKING!

I can't believe it. I feel so strange, but also so much better- now that all the anticipation is out of the way.

Weird how I didn't think staying at home was for me, but for now, it's the only right thing to do. I was being forced to choose between my family and my job. You can guess which is more important to me, right?? I just could not see working as hard as I do and paying out 75% of my paycheck to strangers to watch my sweet boy. My job was just not being flexable enough for me to stay with having Terri watch him. I am so sad that Terri won't have him anymore, even just a couple of days a week, but my only other option was for him to go somewhere else everyday, and that was not happening. It was either work the days I can with Terri watching him, or not at all. So here I am, job free, and I think my stress level is down already...

Except, David is out of town until Monday morning. Off in Alaska with the friends to have some time I really think he needs. I hope he has a good time and comes back with stories and inspiration to have some "family" campouts soon. I can't wait, though you may think I am just a boppy little sissy girl..I can chop firewood and haul water with the rest. I grew up camping and "roughing it". I actually love the outdoors and would love to see how it goes taking Thad out camping soon.

... PICS OF THAD'S HALF B-DAY PARTY COMING SOON!! ...

3 comments:

katy said...

Congrats! What a blessing that will be to Thad to have his mom around.

Jenny said...

Wow, I had no idea! And I'm so excited for you! Let's get together soon...we miss you guys.

simonsenfamily said...

I am so excited for this new chapter in your life! You know it's the right decision when you feel all the stress go away. Good for you.....